Hip hop and pow wow dancers
MERIDIAN VR: A Tribe Called Red – Indian City 360
“A Tribe Called Red are strong advocates for Indigenous culture. This 360 video for their song, “Indian City”, was shot at Fort York, in front of a memorial wall near Strachan Avenue that is embedded with gravestones from the military cemetery that used to be nearby. The video celebrates the positive energy of dance, and the long connection Toronto’s First Nations have to the land near the lake.” – SESQUI Director of Digital, Joel McConvey
- We shot this interactive 360 video at @fortyork, near Strachan Ave. Military Burying Ground.
- The scene contrasts and stitches together new and traditional styles, like @atribecalledred’s music.
- The team at Combo Bravo used a 10-GoPro rig to shoot the dancers in two halves, then stitched them together.
- You can control the audio track & trigger sounds in this #VR piece by looking around. Remix with your eyes!
- “Indian City” is a track from Tribe’s @PolarisPrize nominated We Are The Halluci Nation.